B&B Guidebook Review
|| || |
Date last reviewed:
- Area Covered:
- Within 500 miles of New York City. States "EscapeMaker.com is a guide to local getaways for NY metro residents,
accessible by car and by public transportation"
- Listing Type/Number:
- About 1000, of which about 250 have 2-3 pictures, description and other detail.
- From home page, select state from bar on left. State page gives state map, with regions shaded to indiocate approximate time from NYC. Select a region to get "Reviewed Destinations", a "Getaway Gallery" (which is not limited to B&Bs), "Last Minute Specials" or "Regional Links." may also have regional association links. Selecting an inn gives an inn page that further links to the inn's website.
- To search amenities and locations, select "advanced search." Results are short description of inn or attraction and opportunity to bookmark it in an "itinerary".
- Quality Assurance:
- Allows links to reservations systems. Lists area attractions, links (better than most). Has newsletter, packages, specials, event calendars. Guide cooperated in facilitating review and verifying data
- Innkeeper Info:
- Promotion: Front door. States "Newsletters, local television, national television, local radio, NPR, search
engine positioning and keywords. Local and national newspapers and magazines, live events."
- Rates: Free basic, $119 for 2-3 pics, 300-500 words, link. Sign-up/pay online. Soon to be self-updatable.
- Contact: (877)997-2726, email email@example.com
Ratings Summary (see criteria for details)
A (of 20) - 12
B (of 20) - 16
C (of 30) - 24
D (of 10) - 9
E (of 10) - 1
F (of 5) - 5
G (of 5) - 5
| INNSTAR Home page | North America ratings | Alphabetical list | Regional list |
| 5 INNSTAR Guides | 4 INNSTAR Guides | 3 INNSTAR Guides | 2 INNSTAR Guides | 1 INNSTAR Guides | Unrated Guides | New Books |
© 2002-4 Cedarcroft Enterprises
Sevices to the Bed & Breakfast Industry
Plus Cedarcroft Farm Bed & Breakfast
431 SE County Road Y, Warrensburg, MO 64093-8316 USA
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research & Design By