B&B Guidebook Review
B & B Getaways
Also uses www.find-a-room-at-the-inn.com and www.room-availability.com
|| || |
Date last reviewed:
- Area Covered:
- Listing Type/Number:
- Estimate around 1000 expanded listings with short description on city list page and link to second page with more data (including price chart); few have pictures but many have external links. Basic contact list is about 15,000, including some very-long-closed inns.
- Type & Description:
- Data base with multiple search options:
Results provide featured inns first, then remainder in alpha by inn name (or by distance in some options). Results may cross state lines.
- From interactive map (if you have latest Flash player) or text below map, select state to get an interactive state map showing regions and key destinations, with option to select a city from a drop-down list. Sliding cursor over map provides a drop-down list of cities in that region. Result of selecting either from map or from list gives list of inns within 20 miles.
- Select "Featured Destinations" which goes to a list of states; sliding cursor over a state gives a list of prime destinations in the state. Selecting "see more cities" takes you to a state map page.
- "Find an Inn" on top menu gives choice of "top city destination", "driving distance" or "featured inns." "top city destination" gives result similar to 2. above. "Driving distance" gives a list of states, select a city from the drop-down list and select a driving distance up to 40 miles. "Featured Inns" takes you to a list of inns that received their "Hospitality Key."
Additional site Find-a-room-at-the-inn.com lists major destinations with 25 mile radius and keys several to on-line availability.
- Quality Assurance:
- Expanded pages list affiliations, but not whether inns are inspected. Expanded pages also have guestbooks for guest comments.
Awards "Hospitality Key" to inns with particularly informative websites.
- Did not work well in Mozilla Firefox. Has events link & bargains link. Can sign up for emails on specials. Has on-line availability for many inns, tied in some cases to an email autoresponder; all featured inns have request form. Wireless-accessible. Some basic listings are quite outdated. Guide cooperated in facilitating review and verifying data.
- Innkeeper Info:
- Promotion: Submits individual pages & full site to engines. States uses Print advertising in regional periodicals, Net cross-links, PR for references in tourism articles. Has additional tools for innkeepers.
- Rates: Free basic, expanded $110/ year with 2 pictures, allows external link to stand-alone page. Also has intelligent email autoresponder tied to the availability option for addition fee. Can apply or update on-line.
- Contact: email email@example.com.
- Comments: Guide has new owners who will be revising the site.
- Web Presence Evaluation:
- No. 53 of 78 guides evaluated by Inntelligent.com (1 star).
- Composite of INNSTAR/Inntelligent ratings: 4/10.
- Google® page rank of home page: 5/10.
- My B&B Results:
- Listing dropped early 2005
Ratings Summary (see criteria for details)
A (of 20) - 10
B (of 20) - 16
C (of 30) - 18
D (of 10) - 6
E (of 5) - 2
F (of 10) - 6
G (of 5) - 2
Z1 - (1) long closed inns
| INNSTAR Home page | North America ratings | Alphabetical list | Regional list |
| 5 INNSTAR Guides | 4 INNSTAR Guides | 3 INNSTAR Guides | 2 INNSTAR Guides | 1 INNSTAR Guides | Unrated Guides | New Books |
© 2001-6 Cedarcroft Enterprises
Sevices to the Bed & Breakfast Industry
Plus Cedarcroft Farm Bed & Breakfast
431 SE County Road Y, Warrensburg, MO 64093-8316 USA
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research & Design By